2 medium sweet potatoes (about 2 cups once mashed)
1/2 cup ricotta
1 large egg
2-3 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon salt
ROSEMARY CREAM SAUCE
4 tablespoons (1/4 cup) butter
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
1 cup heavy cream
1/3 cup fresh grated parmesan,
pinch fresh grated nutmeg
pinch cayenne pepper
salt and pepper
1. Preheat your oven to 200 degrees C
2. Poke a few holes in the sweet potatoes, bake for 45 mins or until soft and tender. When sweet potatoes are cooked, slice in half, allow to cool,&mash.
3. In a large bowl, mix sweet potatoes, ricotta, egg, salt, and flour. Stir mixture until just combined. If dough seems wet, add a tablespoon of flour at a time until it can be formed into a ball. The dough should be sticky.
4. Generously flour a clean counter and scrape the dough out onto the counter. Cut the dough into four equal pieces. Working with one piece of dough at a time, roll the dough into a rope about 1 inch thick and cut into bite size pieces. Repeat this process with the other pieces of dough and place the gnocchi on a baking sheet that has been dusted with flour.
5. To make the sauce. Heat butter in a large panover and cook until it begins to brown, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in the rosemary & slowly pour in the cream. Whisk in parmesan, nutmeg, cayenne, & season with salt &pepper. Simmer the sauce for 3-5 minutes, whisking until smooth. Keep warm over low heat.
6. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Boil the gnocchi until they float to the top and are cooked through, about 3-4 minutes. Remove the gnocchi using a slotted spoon or spider strainer and drop it right into the sauce, gently tossing to combine. If the sauce thickens up, add a splash of the gnocchi cooking water to thin it a bit.