1 medium sized leek
500g sweet potatoes
1 fish/chicken stock cube
250g frozen sweetcorn
250g king prawns, raw, peeled
285ml single cream
6 rashers of bacon
1 fresh red chilli
1 clove of garlic
sea salt and black pepper
1. Cut the ends off the leek, quarter lengthways, wash and then slice across thinly. Peel and cut the potatoes into 2cm sized chunks. Pour 1 litre of boiling water into a jug or pan, drop in the stock and stir until dissolved. If using frozen prawns make sure they are thoroughly defrosted.
2. Put a large casserole-type pan on a high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil. Chop your bacon into small pieces and fry in the oil until crispy. Then remove the bacon from the pan until later.
3. Keeping all the fat in the pan put in the leeks and potatoes and cook for 3-5 minutes on a medium heat until the leeks have softened.
4. Add the sweetcorn, prawns, hot stock and cream to the pan. Season with salt and pepper and stir. Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile, halve, deseed and finely chop the chilli.
6. Once cooked, take off the heat and use a hand blender to whiz it up a bit, so it is smooth but still slightly chunky.
7. Season once more to taste
8. Serve in a bowl, sprinkle with the bacon and chopped chilli.
Delicious served with sweet poatato bead!