For the mince:
750g beef/lamb mince
2 red onions
2 garlic cloves
1 tin chopped tomatoes
2 tbsp tomato purée
1 glass of red wine
Salt & pepper
3 bay leaves
1/2 tsp nutmeg
Pinch of cinnamon
Oregano & thyme
For the sauce:
120g flour (I use almond as it’s healthier)
Pinch of nutmeg
2 egg yolks
100g Parmesan cheese
– Cut the eggplants into thin slices, season with salt & leave for 30 mins.
– Rinse the eggplants and fry in olive oil til lightly browned.
– In a large pan heat the olive o and fry the onions & garlic.
– Add the mince to brown in colour.
– Add the red wine and wait to for alcohol to evaporate.
– Add the tomato purée, tin of tomatoes, spices, herbs & salt & pepper.
– Bring to the boil then simmer for 30 mins with a lid on.
– For the sauce…use a large pan to melt the butter over low heat. Add the flour whisking to make a paste.
– Add the milk and keep whisking to prevent lumps.
-Stir over low heat til sauce thickens.
– Remove from heat & stir in egg yolks, salt, pepper, nutmeg & a bit of cheese.
– To assemble first layer the eggplants. Pour the meat sauce and even out. Add a second layer of eggplants, top with sauce and smooth out.
– Sprinkle with the grated cheese and bake in the oven at 180 degrees C for 45-60mins.
* Allow the Moussaka to cool down before cutting and serve with a Greek salad.
– large brown mushrooms
– 500g mince
– 12 Jacobs cream crackers
– 8 sprigs flat leaf parsley
– 2 heaped tsp Dijon mustard
– 1 large egg
– salt & pepper
– olive oil
– wrap the crackers in a tea towel and smash until fine
– finely chop parsley
– add crackers, mustard, parsley & mince to a bowel
– crack in the egg with salt & pepper
– scrunch up with your hands and mix well
– divide into 6 and mound into a round shape
– drizzle with olive oil
– fry the mushrooms whole in olive oil until slightly cooked
– cool the patties in the pan and press them down slightly with a spatula
– slice all you toppings and construct your burger
200g yellowfin tuna steak
1 x red chilli
1 x spring onion
1 x lemon
-Using a sharp knife thinly slice the tuna.
-Place on a plate and squeeze the juice of half the lemon over (the acidity will start to cook the fish).
-Slice the spring onion and chilli.
-Arrange the tuna on a plate and sprinkle with the spring onion, chilli, garlic and rocket.
-Drizzle with some soy sauce and serve!
2 sprigs of thyme⠀
2 chicken breasts⠀
30g grated Parmesan⠀
6 slices of Prosciutto ⠀
– pick the thyme leaves off the stalks. ⠀
– carefully score the underside of the chicken breasts in criss cross fashion with a small knife. ⠀
– season with a little pepper (you don’t need salt as the prosciutto is quite salty). ⠀
– lay your breasts next to each other and sprinkle over most of the thyme leaves. ⠀
– grate a little lemon zest over them and sprinkle with parmesan. ⠀
-lay 3 prosciutto slices on each chicken breast overlapping them slightly. ⠀
– drizzle a little olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining thyme leaves. ⠀
– put a square of plastic wrap over each breast and give them a few really good bashes with there bottom of a saucepan until they are about 1/2 inch thick. ⠀
– put a frying pan over a medium heat. Remove the plastic wrap and carefully transfer the chicken breasts, prosciutto side down, into the pan. Drizzle over some olive oil. Cook for 3 minutes on each side, turning halfway through giving the hame side an extra 30 seconds to crisp up.⠀
– either serve the chicken breast whole or cut them into thick slices and pile them on a place. ⠀
– serve with lemon wedges for squeezing over and a good drizzle of olive oil⠀
Bacon (I usually use back or shoulder)
Flour (2 Tablespoons)
Milk (Probably 2 cups or 3 cups)
Butter or margarine
Fry bacon in pan till crispy (as you like to eat it)
Drain on paper towel or serviette until you need it later
Bring pot of water to boil (easier to boil in kettle and then pour in pot)
Add 1/2 teaspoon salt
Add macaroni (I have to guess as I don’t measure) – probably 1 cup
Make sure it stays on the boil – so add a bit at time
Boil for probably about 10 minutes – when you break open a piece it must not be white in middle – or else eat it – it must be soft
Drain and keep till ready
Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in pot.
Add 2 tablespoons of flour and stir in (remove off heat to do this)
When smooth, put back on heat and cook while stirring for 1 minute – This is called a Roux
Remove off heat.
Add a bit of milk at a time stirring, stirring.
As it becomes thinner, put back on heat and then add milk, still stirring all the time. If you don’t do this carefully you will get lumps
I have guessed about 2 cups – I just go on till I see it is a reasonable consistency.
Grate cheese – about 1 cup when grated (this will make the mixture a bit thicker
Add salt and pepper to taste.
When all this looks cool and tastes cool then cut up bacon into it.
Then put cooked macaroni into a dish that can go into oven
Pour sauce over
Grate cheese on top
Put oven on to GRILL and grill till cheese goes all crisp on top
2 red onions
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
6 pieces of chicken
4 garlic cloves
Bunch of thyme
tsp of paprika
2 tbsp of balsamic
Preheat oven to 180 celsius/350 farenheit.
Quarter tomatoes & onions and roughly chop peppers.
Squash garlic cloves and add everything to the tray.
Sprinkle with thyme leaves & paprika.
Add 2 tbsp of olive oil and the balsamic and some salt & pepper.
Toss everything to coat well and spread evenly on tray. Make sure chicken isn’t covered by vegetables.
Roast for 1 hour, basting a couple times with tray juices.
1 red pepper
1 red onion
4 chicken breasts cut into strips
Large lettuce leaves
Cheddar cheese, grated
-Mix the chicken, onion & red pepper in a bowl with the cumin, paprika, olive oil and juice of 2 limes.
-Fry in a hot griddle pan until cooked.
-Lay out you lettuce leaf & add some salsa, guacamole, sour cream & chicken.
-Sprinkle with cheese.
-Carefully wrap & enjoy!
2 chicken breasts
Portuguese chicken spice
Cook pasta in boiling water until al dente.
Cut chicken into strips and season with Portuguese chicken spice.
Fry crushed garlic with the chopped onion until cooked.
Add the chicken to the pan until half cooked.
Add the halved cherry tomatoes and cook for another 2 mins.
Pour 200-250ml of cream into the pan and simmer until thickened.
Add chopped basil leaves and add to the drained pasta.
Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and enjoy!
300g chicken breast strips
3 tbsp cake flour
15 ml olive oil
15 ml butter
1 onion, cut into thin slices
2 cloves crushed garlic
5 ml paprika
1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
1 red pepper, sliced
1 Knorr Chicken Stock Pot
250 ml water
80 ml sour cream
1. Toss chicken strips in flour to lightly coat and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil and butter together in a pan. Gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
3. Add the paprika and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and smoky aroma.
4. Add the chicken strips and fry for 5 minutes until browned.
5. Add the sliced button mushrooms and red pepper. Fry for a further 5 minutes to soften.
6. Add the Knorr Chicken Stock Pot together with the water. Stir well and bring to the boil.
7. When boiling, reduce the heat and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
8. Garnish with fresh parsley if desired and serve with rice or Quinoa for a healthier alternative